Diversity is a prevalent concern in all fields of work and study. The purpose of this digital exhibit is to highlight the importance of diversity in the field of veterinary medicine. This is accomplished by culminating a wide-range of resources and scholarship pertaining to diversity in veterinary medicine. Information provided includes:
- Diversity statements from various professional organizations, including the American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC), the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Current initiatives seeking to expand diversity in the field and education of veterinary medicine.
- Tools and resources highlighting where diversity in veterinary medicine currently stands, and how it can be expanded further.
- A history of diversity throughout veterinary medicine.
- Suggested readings to further engage with the topic.